Namaste

I always wanted to be a traveller, a backpacker in precise, carrying backpack that weights half of my own body, with a Nikon hanging on my neck, a shirt, a sandal, a notebook, a map, and a passport case stick tightly on my body venturing into an unknown city, alone.
When I was kid, our family annual routine was to stay for almost two months in Cameron Highlands during the school holiday (usually Nov-Dec) to assist my late grandma in her restaurant as we usually receive more tourists during this time.. Grandma just hate it when it comes to hiring outside people, so she'd be too much happy when we are there. So all my siblings and few of my cousins will come over and spend the holiday here apart from getting some extra cash! ;)
Tourists come from all over the world.. I love it when it comes to receiving order from non local tourist.. Thanks to my broken English! I still remember when I was 7, I ran to my mom and whispered 'Mama.. that guy wanna an ashtray! Do we have it in our menu????'. The best part is, till now, im still in touch with that guy from Switzerland.. He's 32 now.. Met him back through facebook.. Blessed the technology..
I've learned a lot through all the time spent there every year.. I've learned to manage a restaurant, to respect people of different culture, to accept the differences, i've learned to extract morals and perception, only through observation. Yes, i've learned not to be a judgemental.
And as human, more or less, we are just the same.
Im currenly living with housemates from Chad and Geboti. While my sister was reluctant to let them live with us, i insist to have them in. Day after day, i keep observing, analyzing, and bring each and every interesting thought piece by piece..still i've concluded..we are more or less the same.
Today I had my lunch at one of the cafe new home. I was alone. I ordered lambchop with mocha. What a weird combination! Today im very lucky to get that favorite seat of mine, right in front of the flatscreen! Again very lucky because a movie just started in Star Cinema channel. I don't care what kind of movie it's gonna be, i just wanna watch a movie!
Starring Josh Hamilton (Todd), my eyes were glued to the TV..
Todd (pronounce as Toad by the local), being American, has no sense of himself as an American. He has an allergic reaction to Indian culture embodied by the intestinal distress he suffers after eating local food. He is also taken aback by Indians’ emphasis on family ties and social obligations, and they in turn are politely aghast at Todd’s disconnection from his own relatives.
I just loved it! I love everything relates to culture.. Regardless of Indians, Chinese, Malays, Scottish, everything! The movie reminds me of my Indian friends in school - Letchumy,Christina D Cruz, Lalitha, Michal, Jasween Kaur, Angeline, Suntharamy, Precilla and many more.. Oh I miss them so much..
I end up staying in the cafe for 3 hours! Plus 3 cups of black tea added to my menu. One of the staff came to me after the 3rd order of tea by me ' nk tgk smp abis yea? best kn? ' heheee..
i answered ' a'ah..best3.. '.
I gotta go for now. Wish everyone a wonderful week.
p/s : I have deleted my post entitled 'Perhaps'. I feel like I tend to delve myself into too
personal issues out in this blogsphere. Which I start to consider - not proper.
p/s : Dear friends, to those who believe that they have good English ( in specific, gramatically) ,
please watch out for my next post.
p/s : I love you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment